
People refer to it as "The Good Book" - and I wonder what's good about it? Basically it's a story about a tribe of murdering savages who worshiped a foul god created by them to bless their atrocities and acts of barbarism.
I'm talking about the Old Testament and its bloodthirsty god Jehovah -- the god who insisted that fathers stone their daughters to death for failing to bleed profusely on their wedding night, who insisted that disobedient and drunken sons be murdered, who insisted that people who work on the sabbath be murdered, who insisted that anyone who worships an alternative deity be murdered, who insisted that witches and homosexuals be murdered, and who instructed husbands to poison their wives on suspicion of adultery.
Can you tell me what's so good about the murder of children? Can you explain to me why a mass murderer is referred to as "merciful father"? Let's not forget that God himself murdered untold innocent children, first in a flood and then in a fire, two fires in fact, at Sodom and Gomorroh. What had the children and babies done to deserve such a horrible fate?
Not content with his body count, God instructed his butchers -- Moses, Joshua, Saul, Jude, Gideon, David and Solomon to slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent people -- ""Slaughter every man, woman, child and baby, "saith the Lord, "Let none survive!"
Many's the time I've asked Christians to name just ONE act of mercy shown by their alleged "merciful father" and they're lost for words. Sometimes they make the mistake of mentioning the reprieve of Abraham's son, Issac, which affords me an opportunity to point out the sheer cruelty of forcing a devoted father to drag his terrified son up a mountain to be murdered, only to be told, "It's alright, slit the throat of a ram instead".
Quite apart from the absurdity of a god who delights in animal sacrifice, what kind of a monster would do that to a father and son?
Christians then run out of steam, they can't think of one other act of "mercy" whereas I have no trouble at all highlighting numerous of acts of cruelty committed by their diabolical god. Everything from the murder of thousands of innocent Egyptian children or the ripping to death of forty-two Hebrew children by wild bears to the slow death of King David's son by disease. Take you pick, mass murders or localized acts of vileness and cruelty. I can give you hundreds.
You see, this book that christians call a "Good Book" is filled with atrocities, horror stories, bloodcurdling stories, stories that only a beast could write. Jehovah is the only god in history -- and there have been thousands of them -- to ban cripples and blind people from his sancturies, the only god in history to give men haemorrhoids, the only god in history to threaten men with excrement across their faces.
There has never been a more filthy disgusting and despicable god than Jehovah.
And yet this is a god worshiped by millions of Jews and Christians. Let me ask you a question... if God's teachings are so good and so righteous, why have we -- a Christian society -- abandoned them - banned them in fact? Why can't I stone my children to death? Why can't I murder someone for working on a Saturday? Why can't I slaughter Hindus and Buddhists?
Is it because politicians realize that God is a monster, and that his laws are cruel and unjust? If so, how dare they set themselves up as greater than God, creator of the universe? God instructs me to murder Hindus, and frankly I wanna do that because they wear silly hats.
I've seen my neighbour cutting his lawn on the Sabbath, I wanna slit his throat, why can't I?
Either God is right, or he is wrong. Which is it to be? You can't have it both ways! Either politicians are better than God or God is right and we must all start murdering each other.
My personal point of view is that the Hebrew god Jehovah was fabricated by evil savages and he should not only be disobeyed but he should be shoveled into a deep pit and shit upon.
Thomas Paine - the 18th century revolutionary - was spot on when he said of the bible, "I hate it as I hate all things that are cruel".
My next sermon will be on the subject of the Jewish supremacist and racist - Jesus, and his ministry of madness...
No comments:
Post a Comment