"You can see Pentecostals at their best-worst in America at the moment -- rightwing fundamentalist evangelicals -- it's very scary. And they do believe in the Rapture, they do believe in Armageddon, they believe in the Second Coming, so the idea of the world blowing up is not a problem for them."
Jeanette Winterson - author
"So I don't care if I make a fool of myself. I just think I've got to get out there and do whatever I can. Either people will listen and things will get moving, or it will fall on deaf ears or stony ground, or all those nice bible images, and I won't have done anything but I've got to try."
Jeanette Winterson - author
Originally from the Guardian, reproduced in the Sydney Morning Herald on October 20th 2007.
Kelly's comment: Jeanette Winterson is a lesbian mother trying to awaken the dead to the probability of global nuclear war. Let's hope she has more success than authors like Dr Helen Caldicott and dumbfucks like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment